The practice nurses are available in the treatment room for nursing care and general advice on minor illnesses & injuries, children’s immunisations, all travel, Tetanus, Flu & Pneumovax injections, dressings, ear syringing, blood tests and cervical smears.
Our Practice Nurses are also trained smoking cessation advisors.
Sister Mary Coghlan is the Infection Control lead for the Practice. Infection control policies are available from the Practice on request.
Specialist Practice Nurses
Specialist practice nurses are available, by appointment, at the following, weekly, health promotion clinics:
- DIABETES– It is important for diabetic patients to have regular check-ups to make sure they are receiving the most appropriate care
- ASTHMA — It is important for asthmatic patients to have regular check-ups to make sure they are getting the best possible benefit from their inhalers
- CORONARY HEART DISEASE— We offer appointments to all our patients who have had heart problems, to make sure that they are receiving the most appropriate care
- STROKE — We monitor all patients who have had a stroke
- SMOKING CESSATION — Our nurses are trained to support & encourage you to stop smoking
- IMMUNISATION & TRAVEL ADVICE — For all immunisations & advice on health issues relating to foreign travel
- CERVICAL SMEARS — The doctors recommend that all women aged 20-50 have a cervical smear every 3 years, and 50-64 every 5 years. Our Practice Nurses are trained to do this for you
Our healthcare assistant provides support to the nursing team. She sees patients for their new patient health checks, blood pressure checks, can take blood samples and does some dressings.